Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4TH OF JULY 2011



We had such an absolute blast this year with family and friends. Grandpa Pat was with us, the White Family, and the Nolens!

We started out the day with Sydney & Jack at the carnival in the park with rides, and I couldn't believe it, Andrew rode the trapeze ride...


Sydney, Andrew, and Jack enjoyed the rides, well, Jack mostly enjoyed the petting zoo, Rebecca had to re-up with them with a few more bucks because he loved it so much he was there twice as long as anyone else. ;)

So, then we finally made our way over to the boring adult times browsing through the booths and vendors. I bribed Andrew with some cotton candy on the way over...

So, while I was pouring over the handmade jewelry, homemade jam, and other oddities what caught Andrew's eye was turtles! OK, so yes I caved and we brought home 2 little baby turtles. Andrew and I named them Spongebob and Patrick! So far, 2 days later they are doing fine.

Upon returning to the house we were shortly greeted by all our guests and gathered up around the mister in the backyard to cut the Texas triple digit heat. The kids enjoyed the slip n' slip, the playset, and of course all the Kool Aide.

I enjoyed everything so much, most of all Janee's delicious fruit black forest cake masterpiece, and Jeremy's fan favorite cookie cake... mmmm....




So off to the fireworks... what a blast! Rebecca, being the clever kindergarden teacher that she is brought squirt bottles, as opposed to $store squirt guns that never work. The pictures and video say it all.

Here is a slideshow of all the pics from the day...


The fireworks display itself was just incredible, our favorite by everyone was the "waterfall" firework, unfortunately that seems to be the only one that was not caught in a photo.



1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun to share the holiday with you guys!

    ReplyDelete